Thursday, June 28, 2007

Try to get some rest.

I wrote this post on MOG the other day and liked it so much I thought I would repost it here as well.

There are moments where angels come into our lives.

About a little over a year ago, one came into mine. It was a time of turmoil and personal grief. I was watching my mother slowly lose her battle to cancer and at the same time dealing with the aftermath of a long-term stifling, relationship. She came in out of nowhere as they usually do when one is not expecting. One night early on, as we IM'd back and forth, sensing my pain, she sent me this song by the Summer Lawns. I wept. But then felt a sense of peace come over me that things were going to be okay regardless. That angel and I went on to have one of those Icarus-like relationships that flies so close to the sun, that you know there is now way it could last. One of those short term flings that kick starts the senses to unimaginable levels. And then a few months in, as abruptly as she entered, she flew away. As angels usually do. I didn't give chase because deep down I knew she was not mine. That she had other places to go. So I stayed back and cherished the gift she left me. Hope.

So now every once and a while, on those quiet nights where memories float through the air like whispers, I turn this song on, smile back on tender memories and hope for another chance that an angel will cross my door step.

I hope you enjoy "Piano Song" by the Summer Lawns as much as I did.

No comments: